- "For years our world has been at peace, but something is coming. I can feel it."
- —Anduin Lothar
Sir Anduin Lothar is a knight champion of Stormwind and one of Azeroth's greatest heroes. Lothar was forged in the fire of battle. Growing up alongside close friend King Llane, he has dedicated his life to defending his people, no matter the personal cost. He was portrayed by Travis Fimmel in Warcraft.
To Be Added.
After many years of peace, Lothar was visiting King Magni Bronzebeard in Ironforge when he received word that one of the kingdom's garrisons had been attacked, and quickly returned to Stormwind. While the attackers were unknown, Lothar discovered that one person had been captured - a young mage, caught sneaking around within the walls of the barracks themselves. Lothar interrogated the scruffy youth, who told him that his name was Khadgar, and urged the warrior to allow him to continue his investigations of the remains of those killed.
- Anduin is the name of the largest river in Middle-Earth in J.R.R. Tolkien's Legendarium.
- The name "Lothar" might be derived from Chlothar, meaning "famous army", from the Germanic elements "hlud" (fame) and "heri" (army). This was the a 9th-century Frankish king, the son of Louis I, who ruled the region called Lorraine - or Lothringen in German. Rulers of the Holy Roman Empire have also had this name.
- His title, "the Lion of Azeroth", may be inspired by Gustav II Adolf, a Swedish king who was sometimes called "the Lion of the North".
- Anduin Lothar is portrayed significantly younger in film than his video game counterpart.